Digital and Poetic
Visual Arts - Digital Arts - Audiovisual - Producer / Broadcaster
Les Instants Vidéo Numériques et poétiques is a non-profit art organisation (association law 1901) that inherited from the international Festival Les Instants Vidéo founded in 1988 in Manosque (Department of Alpes de Haute Provence) and based in Marseille (since 2004).
In the field of video art creation in Marseille Region, this association holds a singular position, both in its approach and in its artistic choices, which is the result of a long-term project carried out on its home base as well as at an international level.
Their project Thought & practice of images is following two major headings: one is artistic and the other in related to cultural and poetical rights.
On the artistic level, our task is to report publicly on the evolution of digital and video art creation either by the presentation of works, or with poetical and theoretical contributions, to support and promote artistic creation and to enhance the visibility of emerging artists locally as well as internationally, to develop and sustain long-standing and occasional partnerships with artistic and cultural organisations, to build lasting relationships with artists.
Created in 1988
At la Friche since 2007
Our activities follow 4 axes:
- Curator (exhibitions and screenings) from the local to the international level,
- Art works ambassador and go-between,
- Expertise sharer: mentoring of artists and organisations, co-creation & support of festivals, jury in festival, diploma..., conferences, lectures...
- Exchange of knowledge: publications, workshops, symposiums...
On the axe of cultural and poetical rights, our goal is to take actions so that video arts are not kept into an enclave but shared largely, to strengthen cooperation of the social and cultural spheres and to intensify the possibility of different audiences to meet (fields of art, education, social...). But our purpose is also to understand what are the political, economic, cultural challenges of the Euro-Mediterranean Region in order to get the necessary distance to perform as an actor of the word of arts and culture. We therefor act in 3 directions:
- Image education & participation: video art awareness workshop, conversation tour of exhibitions, popular art galleries, the Programm'actors collaborative project...
- Art, citizenship & civil society: collective commitments with REF (Euromed network France), Ligue de l'Enseignement (Popular education), Territoires Solidaires: co-organisation of workshops (Libyan, Syrian youths), public encounters, forums, panel discussions...)
- De-compartmentalisation / Cultural biodiversity